UKRI Call for Applications: Clinical Research Training Fellowship
This call from the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), "Clinical research training fellowship" welcomes applications from across all areas of MRC’s remit to improve human health, ranging from basic studies with relevance to mechanisms of disease to translational and developmental clinical research.
Apply for funding to undertake a PhD or to reacquire research skills! The aim of this scheme is to support clinically active healthcare professionals to undertake a higher research degree, such as a PhD or MD. It also offers applicants who already have a PhD, but have not been active in research since, an opportunity to progress to a clinical scientist fellowship level by undertaking a new research project.
Topic areas include:
- infections and immunity
- molecular and cellular medicine
- population and systems medicine
- neurosciences and mental health
- global health
- public health.
-Proposals are welcomed from applicants of all nationalities, including those not currently based in the UK. This is subject to the fellowship being hosted by an eligible research organisation.
-Registered healthcare professionals, including but not limited to;
- allied health professionals
- healthcare scientists
- clinical psychologists
- general practitioners
Types of funding available:
- a salary appropriate to your level of training, up to but not including NHS consultant level
- up to £20,000 each year to cover consumables, equipment, conference travel, PhD and other course fees.
- salary costs appropriate to your level of training up to but not including NHS consultant level
- funding to cover research expenses and travel costs (full economic costing).
Read more here
Application deadline April 5, 2023.
Future Round: July 21, 2023 - September 6, 2023.