TWAS-CUI Call for Applications: Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) open the postgraduate fellowship programme for applications on June 1, 2022. These fellowships are offered to young scientists from developing countries other than Pakistan, who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences.
- TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are offered in the following areas of the natural and related applied sciences: Mathematics, Biosciences, Metrology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Management Sciences.
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences: Development Studies, Economics, Economics and International Relations.
- Successful applicants will be able to join from Spring semester 2023 (depending availability of PhD programmes in Spring) which starts in February 2023, except for Abbottabad campus where the Spring semester starts in March 2023.
- The language of instruction is English.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not be on site in Pakistan;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Hold an MSc degree (with research) in a field of natural sciences;
- If applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- Be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year of application;
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships:
a) be willing to register at CUI, Pakistan;
b) have 18 years of education up to MS/MPhil degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0; not hold 3rd division (i.e. less than 50% marks) throughout the academic cycle; have passed departmental test within the first semester of studies, or have a valid GAT (subject) /GRE (subject) score as specified on the CUI website;
- must apply online for admission at CUI through the CUI portal.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships:
a) be registered PhD students in a developing country, and provide the "Registration and No Objection Certificate" from the HOME university;
b) provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
- A monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country), funding may be granted for up to 3 years.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country), funding may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 18 months.
Read more here
Application deadline August 31, 2022