PAMCA Call For Application: Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards
The Pan-African Mosquito Control Association (PAMCA) is calling for applications for the Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards. The PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards ceremony will be held during this year’s 9th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition, to be held between 17th – 21st September 2023 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
This year, PAMCA will honour and showcase three women in the field of vector borne diseases (VBDs) under three categories: early career / rising star, mid-career, and senior and established women. The awardees will have the liberty to re-invest in initiatives that promote women’s participation in VBDs in SSA.
- The applicants for the PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards are invited from early, mid and senior career women professional scientists in all areas of VBDs.
- The call specifically targets professional women who have demonstrated exemplary performance in the fight against VBDs on the continent.
- The applicants must have shown leadership and mentorship abilities in their areas of work.
- The applicants must be registered PAMCA members with valid PAMCA membership for the year 2023.
- One award will be issued per category and a token grant of up to $2500 will be given out to each.
Applicants can also be nominated by nominees.
Read more here.
Application deadline June 30, 2023.