MARCAD Call for Applications: Plus Fellowships 2023
MAlaria Research CApacity Development (MARCAD) Plus calls for applications for Master, PhD, and Postdoctoral fellowships.
MARCAD Plus is launching a new capacity-building programme for Master, PhD.and Postdoctoral in the thematic areas of control and elimination of Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) (Schistosomiasis & Soil-Transmitted Helminths). With this programme MARCAD Plus seeks to train African scientists able to provide relevant answers for the control and elimination of malaria and NTDs.
Successful candidates will receive advanced training, supervision & mentorship, international exposure, and build their research capacities. The programme will facilitate their networking and collaboration with other institutions and help them become competitive for international funding. Fellowships will be based at one of the seven African-based institutions listed below.
- The University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar, Senegal,
- The University of Health & Allied Sciences (UHAS), Ghana,
- The University of Yaoundé 1 (UoY 1), Cameroon,
- The MRC Unit The Gambia at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (MRCG), The Gambia,
- The University of Sciences Technics and Technology of Bamako (USTTB), Mali,
- The Bandim project of the Institute of Public Health, Guinea Bissau,
- The College of Medicine & Allied Health Sciences, University of Sierra Leone,
- African citizens,
- Who lives in Malaria and NTDs endemic countries in Africa, and
- Who has the intention to focus their career on Malaria and NTDs research.
- A master fellowship applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a subject relevant to malaria and/or NTDs.
- A PhD fellowship applicant must have a master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- A postdoctoral fellowship applicant must have a PhD degree and appropriate research experience.
- The applicant must identify their preferred hosted institutions among the MARCAD-Plus African partner institutions listed above.The scientific proposal must abide by one research domain of the selected hosted institution.
- Nine (9) Master fellowships of two (2) years. The award will be for a maximum of 8 778 euros, covering course fees, stipends, some research expenses, and training costs related to the degree.
- Fourteen (14) Ph.D. Fellowships of four (4) years. The award is up to 77 838 euros to cover PhD fees, stipends, research costs, training costs and scientific visits to partner Institutions,
- Twelve (12) Postdoctoral fellowships of three (3) years. Up to 113 272 euros will be provided to cover salary, research costs, training costs, mentorship, career development and scientific visits to partner Institutions.
Read more here.
Application deadline July 28, 2023.