AREF Call for Applications: Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme
Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) works to strengthen the health research capacity of scientists in Sub-Saharan Africa who are engaged in tackling the sub-region’s significant health challenges. AREF opened a call for their Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme designed to support African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
The programme aims to support researchers in Africa who are emerging leaders and are working on important challenges for human health to develop their skills as a researcher with a three to nine-month placement at a leading research institution in Europe or Africa, with additional support at your home institution before and after the placement, up to a maximum of £40,000.
Early career researchers, research-active post doctoral researchers and clinicians who are nationals of, and employed in, sub-Saharan Africa are eligible for the programme.
What does the fellowship include?
- The RDF Programme supports a placement of between three to nine months for each Fellow at a leading research organisation in Europe or Africa, with time either side of the placement for preparation and follow-up. This aims to promote development of technical skills, collaborations and networks.
- The RDF Programme does NOT provide Fellows with funds for a whole research project; it focuses on developing researcher skills.
- The maximum award for the fellowship placement is £40,000 (GB Pounds).
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a credible, ambitious vision for their research career in an area of human-health challenge for Africa; and a transformational, well-supported development plan that would be significantly enhanced by the RDF Programme.
- Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their plans at an early stage with their employing and potential host organisations.
Read more here.
Applications deadline September 22, 2022.