Medicines for Malaria Venture: Drug Discovery, Translation, and Development
To further drug discovery and development aimed at delivering innovative medicines required to enhance the clinical case management of malaria in malaria-endemic countries.
- Portfolio investment to support the discovery and development of new drugs to treat and prevent malaria.
- Development of a new single-encounter radical cure (SERC);
- Development of a new seasonal malaria chemoprevention / mass drug administration (SMC/MDA) regimen;
- New Plasmodium falciparum (Pf) drug candidates;
- New Plasmodium vivax (Pv) non-hemolytic drug candidates.