Pfizer Calls for Proposals: Investigator Sponsored Research
Pfizer calls for proposals for its Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) program. An ISR is a type of grant that supports an independent research study where the investigator or organization is the sponsor of the study and where Pfizer provides financial and/or non-financial support for the development or refinement of specific and defined medical knowledge relating to a Pfizer asset. This grant type is used as support for pre-clinical and clinical studies (including interventional and non-interventional), that involve a Pfizer asset (e.g., commercial drug, investigational drug, pure compound).
- Health services research is a “multidisciplinary field of scientific investigation that studies how social factors, financing systems, organizational structures and processes, health technologies, and personal behaviors affect access to health care, the quality and cost of health care, and ultimately, our health and well-being
- Clinical Research (Interventional): A type of clinical study in which participants are assigned to groups that receive one or more intervention/treatment (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes. The assignments are determined by the study's protocol.
- Preclinical Research: Research using animals to find out if a drug, procedure, or treatment is likely to be useful. Preclinical studies take place before any testing in humans is done.
- Non-interventional (NI) study refers to a study where a medicinal product(s) is/are prescribed in medical practice and the assignment of the patient to a particular therapeutic strategy is not decided in advance by the study protocol but falls within current practice, and the decision to prescribe the medicinal product(s), if used, is clearly not driven by the decision to include the patient in the study.
- open to all researchers who are interested in conducting their own research.
- Proposals must go over a Pfizer product or service.
- There are no specifications on the support provided. They are open to receive proposals.
- No support for ongoing research.
- There is no maximum amount that can be requested, but please keep in mind that budgets are limited and Pfizer strives to support as many different grant requests as possible.
Read more here
Applications are accepted throughout the year.