Alliance for HPSR Call for Applications: Team of researchers to develop background material in support of a research agenda for action on the social determinants of health
The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR) is seeking a Team of researchers to help prepare background material in support of a research agenda for action on the social determinants of health.
- To inform the development of a draft research agenda for social determinants of health, with a focus on policy and implementation research.
- To review the current status of research on social determinants of health, identifying key gaps.
- To inform a section of the upcoming World Report.
- A desk review of key documents from WHO and other partners on research on social determinants of health, including related fields such as multisectoral governance, health in all policies and health inequality monitoring.
- A literature review of research in the last ten years on social determinants of health, with a focus on political economy, policy and implementation.
- A discussion paper with a first draft of the findings to inform an expert meeting to be held in October/ November 2021.
- Support to the expert meeting, including writing a meeting report.
- A final report synthesizing the findings of both reviews and the discussions of the expert meeting, identification of key gaps, and first draft of WHO research agenda for social determinants of health, with a focus on policy and implementation.
One team of two to three researchers working under a senior researcher will be funded up to a total budget of US$ 50 000. No further funding will be provided within or beyond the project period. The activities should be undertaken between September and December 2021 (four months).
Read more here.
Expressions of interest deadlines: August 9, 2021.