Increasing the uptake of IPTp-SP through Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention channel delivery (INTEGRATION study)
The overall objective of this project is to evaluate whether the addition of IPTp-SP to SMC will increase coverage of IPTp and antenatal clinic attendance (ANC) among pregnant women in Mali and Burkina Faso.
The specific objectives are:
- To compare the delivery of IPTp-SP through a combined strategy (ANC+SMC) with standard care (ANC)
- To assess the acceptability and feasibility of ANC + SMC combined delivery of IPTp-SP compared to standard care (ANC) among health providers.
- To assess the acceptability of ANC + SMC combined delivery of IPTp-SP compared to standard care (ANC) among pregnant women.
- To estimate the absolute and incremental costs [and health benefits] of the combined delivery of IPTp-SP and SMC.
- To assess any consequences of combined SMC + ANC delivery of IPTp-SP on SMC and ANC uptake.
- To estimate the number of malaria cases in both children and pregnant women
Multinational, multicentre, cluster randomized, open label, two parallel arms implementation research study.