Wellcome Call for Proposals: Innovator Awards
Wellcome offers these awards called "Innovator Awards" to support researchers who are transforming great ideas into healthcare innovations that could have a significant impact on human health.
Eligibility and suitability:
- Researchers who are developing healthcare innovations that could have a major and measurable impact on human health.
- Individuals and teams from not-for-profit and commercial organisations can apply. See 'key dates' on this page for information on which application round you can apply to.
- Organisations can be of any size, but they must be established and/or have working capital. They can be based anywhere in the world (apart from mainland China).
- Funded organisations must sign up to our grant conditions (see the template award letters in the 'How to apply' section on this page).
- You can work in any scientific discipline, including a discipline outside life sciences. You can work on any type of technology. Examples of technologies include therapeutics (small molecules or biologics), vaccines, devices, diagnostics, digital technologies and regenerative medicine.
- The work that you propose must be essential for developing your healthcare innovation.
- You're not eligible for an Innovator Award if your company is not established and/or doesn't have working capital.
- include researchers from at least two different scientific disciplines
- include at least one researcher from a discipline outside life sciences, such as (but not limited to) engineering, physical science or data science
- describe the added value of the collaboration, and tell us why the outcome(s) of your work will be unique and only achievable through this approach.
Read more here.
Application deadline December 1, 2020 (December round) and May 24, 2021 (May round).