Wellcome Call for Applications: Sir Henry Dale Fellowships
Wellcome offers this scheme called "Sir Henry Dale Fellowships" to provide support for postdoctoral researchers who aim to become independent scientists leading their own groups. The scheme is a partnership between the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust.
What they’re looking for:
You should identify an important question that’s within our scientific remit.
They will review:
- your research contributions
- the scientific merit of your proposed project
- the significance of the research
- the feasibility of your proposal
- the suitability of your sponsor and host environment for both your research and for the development of your independent career.
At the end of this fellowship, you should:
- have achieved international standing in your area of research
- be leading your own research programme
- have the skills and experience to apply for senior level fellowships or permanent positions at UK research organisations.
Eligibility and suitability:
- You can apply for a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship if you’re already driving your own research and you’re ready to lead an independent research programme.
- You must have a PhD and significant postdoctoral research experience.
- You should have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy.
- You must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation in the UK. Applicants who want to be based in the Republic of Ireland should apply for a Research Career Development Fellowship instead.
- If you're proposing to stay in your current department, you should describe in your application how this proposal will further your independent scientific career.
- If you've been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we'll allow for this when we consider your application.
Read more here.
Preliminary application deadline December 3, 2020 (December round) and March 29, 2021 (March round).