UKRI Call For Proposals: Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (BBSRC, ESRC, EPSRC, MRC and NERC), in collaboration with:
- National Science Foundation (NSF),
- National Institutes of Health (NIH),
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA),
- United States - Israel Binational Science Foundation, and
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC),
are pleased to announce a call for international partnerships involving researchers from the UK, and US, China and/or Israel under the Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases programme (EEID).
The funders wish to encourage high quality, innovative research conducted by transdisciplinary teams of researchers on the ecological, evolutionary, and social drivers that influence the transmission dynamics of infectious diseases of animals, humans and plants. The central theme of submitted projects must be the quantitative or computational understanding of pathogen transmission dynamics.
The collaborative proposals must include researchers from the UK and the US and can include researchers from Israel and China. Applications for both research projects and Research Coordination Networks that involve researchers from the UK and US, China and/or Israel will be considered.
* The collaborative projects must include a US investigator who will lead the submission through the NSF process. The UK component of the collaborative projects will be assessed through the NSF peer review process and funded by BBSRC on behalf of UKRI funding councils (EPSRC, ESRC, NERC, and MRC).
Read more here.
Proposals deadline Novembre 18, 2020.