MRC Call For Proposals: Health Systems Research Initiative Call 7
The Department for International Development (DFID), the Medical Research Council (MRC) and Wellcome jointly fund this call in collaboration with the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), about Health Systems Research Initiative: Providing evidence to strengthen health systems in low and middle-income countries. All funders are committed to funding world-class research with high potential for impact on policy and practice.
The programme’s aims are to fund methodologically rigorous, high-quality interdisciplinary research that will:
- generate evidence on:
- the structure and dynamics of health systems
- how to strengthen and improve health systems for people living in LMICs through the delivery of evidence-based interventions or structural changes (for example strengthening the health workforce or drug supply)
- provide evidence that is of direct relevance to decision-makers and practitioners in the field, linking health systems with defined outcomes (e.g. health, confidence, financial protection)
- demonstrate an appreciation of current theories and frameworks in health systems research
- where focussed on a particular aspect of the health system, proposals must demonstrate how interventions relate to and affect wider elements of the system such as governance, financing, health workforce, information systems, service delivery, etc.
There are two different types of grant available:
- Research grants, which are larger stand-alone research projects exploring big new ideas.
- Foundation grants, which are smaller and shorter. Proposals can be either exploratory or to conduct pilot work.
Projects with principal investigators from LMICs are strongly encouraged and all proposals must include co-investigators from the LMIC in which the research is to take place. Principal investigators can be based in the UK or an LMIC.
- Research Grants: January 21st, 2020
- Foundation grants: February 27th, 2020
Read more here.