MMV Request For Proposals: Drug Discovery Projects
Medicine for Malaria Venture (MMV) with the mission to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs, is seeking proposals in the following areas of the drug discovery process:
- Control and eradication of malaria:
- Compounds having activity against blood stages and ideally an inability to select resistant mutants in vitro: novel chemical series with EC50<500nM and novel compounds with, ideally, a predicted human half-life >100h and a predicted oral single human dose <500mg.
- Compounds having activity against liver stages for use in prophylaxis: novel chemical series with EC50<500nM and novel compounds with, ideally, a predicted human half-life >100h and a predicted oral single human dose <500mg. Alternatively, an i.m./s.c. dose that can be administered in <<1mL to provide at least 3 months’ protection in humans.
- Compounds addressing the key priorities of the malaria eradication agenda: novel families of molecules in the hit-to-lead or lead optimization stages, without G6PD deficiency liabilities.
- Novel approaches for screening: to identify new phenotypic and/ or target-based hits and to confirm the activity of MMV compounds on all human malaria asexual blood stages.
- Compounds for Target Identification: MMV also welcomes requests for support to investigate the mechanism of action of compounds:
- Plasmodium whole cell EC50 <1uM and the chemical structure can be shared
- At least 10mgs of compound can be provided to the consortium
- African Proposals: finally, MMV welcomes proposals from endemic region African scientists focused in the following priority areas:
- Compounds with confirmed activity on any antimalarial life-cycle stage
- Assay development and screening
- Computer aided drug discovery
Read more here.
Proposals deadline March 27, 2020.