Malaria Policy Advisory Committee to the WHO: conclusions and recommendations of the September 2013 meeting
The Malaria Policy Advisory Committee to the World Health Organization held its fourth meeting in Geneva, Switzerland from 11 to 13 September, 2013. This article provides a summary of the discussions, conclusions and recommendations from that meeting. MESA is partnering with Global Malaria Programme to disseminate the report.
Meeting sessions included:
- recommendations for achieving universal coverage of long-lasting insecticide-treated nets
- guidance on estimating the longevity of insecticide-treated nets
- improving capacity in entomology and vector control
- a review of the latest evidence on intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy
- updates on the development of the global technical strategy for malaria control and elimination (2016–2025) and the global strategy for control and elimination of Plasmodium vivax
- and much more."
Please read the meeting report Malaria Policy Advisory Committee to the WHO: conclusions and recommendations of September 2013 meeting here.