GHIT Fund Call For Proposals: Target Research & Product Development
The Global Health Innovative Technology Fund (GHIT Fund) is a non-profit organization focused on promoting the discovery and development of new health technologies, including drugs, vaccines, and diagnostics for infectious diseases prevalent in developing countries.
The GHIT Fund is pleased to announce investment opportunities for two of their platforms:
1. Target Research Platform (TRP):
This platform is intended to support a crucial, earlier phase of R&D—discovery of new approaches, concepts, constructs and solutions to fight neglected infectious disease. To that end, proposals to the Target Research Platform should be innovative in nature and focused on early-stage discovery.
The TRP is currently focused on technologies and approaches that address unmet or priority needs within malaria, tuberculosis and Neglected Tropical Diseases listed in the GHIT Intent to Apply form.
The proposed collaboration project may include, but is not limited to:
- Novel mechanisms of action for therapeutic targeting
- Pathogen component targeting to impact disease rather than infection
- Novel vaccine concepts, targets, and constructs
- New and improved approaches to diagnostic assays
Read more here.
2. Product Development Platform (PD):
Proposed collaboration projects should be no more than two years in duration and focus on R&D activities within the following development stages, including:
- Lead optimization
- Preclinical Development (in vivo studies, formulation development, chemistry and process validation)
- Clinical Development (Phase 1, 2, or 3 studies, manufacturing scale-up)
- Activities to support licensure and WHO prequalification
Read more here.
The GHIT Fund requires each investment to have at least one eligible Japanese and one eligible non-Japanese organization as partners in order to be considered eligible.
Proposals deadline December 17, 2019 (10:00 am Tokyo time).