EDCTP Call for Proposals: Strategic actions to maximise the impact of research on reducing disease burden, in collaboration with development cooperation initiatives
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) opened a call for proposals "Strategic actions to maximise the impact of research on reducing disease burden, in collaboration with development cooperation initiatives" with the purpose to support distinct strategic actions which are part of a large-scale programme of development cooperation actions.
Projects should focus on research to maximise the uptake of products and health interventions in sub-Saharan Africa. This may include actions to:
- enhance the uptake of research findings or products and interventions;
- provide evidence to translate findings into policy guidelines and clinical practice;
- improve implementation, delivery and roll-out of interventions to increase population coverage, acceptability and adherence;
- improve the monitoring of product safety post-marketing and surveillance;
- pragmatic clinical trials evaluating interventions under real-world clinical care settings.
The projects should be implemented in conjunction with development cooperation initiatives that are supported by national and/or international development cooperation initiatives and/or other funders, including relevant WHO initiatives where appropriate.
- its content corresponds, wholly or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is submitted
- it complies with the eligibility conditions for participation set out below, depending on the type of action:
- At least three legal entities. Two of the legal entities shall be established in two different Participating States (European Partner States)** and one of the legal entities must be established in a sub-Saharan African*** country. All three legal entities must be independent of each other.
- ‘Sole participants’ formed by several legal entities (e.g. European Research Infrastructure Consortia, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, central purchasing bodies) are eligible if the above-mentioned minimum conditions are satisfied by the legal entities forming together the sole participant.
Read more here.
Proposals deadline August 13, 2020.