EDCTP Call For Proposals: Senior Fellowships Plus 2019
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) has supported the development of a pool of highly qualified senior researchers in the field of poverty-related diseases (PRDs) in sub-Saharan Africa. In order to make an impact in the fight against the PRDs, it is important to ensure that there is continued support for the development and retention of early and mid-career scientists in the regions that are most affected.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to support capacity development of potential African research leaders and to mentor junior researchers with emphasis on hands-on research training linked to clinical trial activities conducted in sub-Saharan Africa.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- to support senior researchers to advance themselves as recognised research leaders in high-quality clinical trial research and related activities;
- to equip senior researchers with the necessary skills and experience to train and mentor junior researchers, both at their home institution and at institutions in countries in SSA with limited human and infrastructural capacity.
A proposal/application will only be considered eligible if:
- its content corresponds, wholly or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is submitted;
- it complies with the eligibility conditions for participation set out below, depending on the type of action:
- The applicant must be a legal entity established in sub-Saharan Africa (the applicant legal entity);
- The fellow must be employed or have guaranteed employment by the applicant legal entity (the host organisation);
- The applying fellow must:
- be a resident of or be willing to relocate to a sub-Saharan African country;
- be either a graduate in a subject relevant to the EDCTP2 programme, with a PhD and a minimum of five years of relevant research experience after the doctorate, or a medical doctor with a post-graduate qualification in a subject relevant to the EDCTP2 programme, and a minimum of five years of research experience after the post-graduate qualification;
- have a minimum of 5 first- and/or last-author publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- currently not hold a senior fellowship from the EDCTP2 programme.
- The requested EDCTP2 contribution per action shall not exceed EUR 750,000;
- The maximum fellowship duration shall be 60 months.
Proposals deadline February 1, 2020.
Read more and apply here.