Massive open online course (MOOC) on implementation research (IR)
TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, is a global programme of scientific collaboration offers an online course, through MOOC, on Implementation Research (IR): infectious disease of poverty. This course is a step-by-step online training for public health researchers and decision-makers, disease control programme managers, academics and others that focuses on how to design and demonstrate robust IR projects to improve control of infectious diseases of poverty and generate better health outcomes. No technical or scientific background is required, though a health background will be an advantage.
It includes modules that address how to:
- Identify the challenges of various health settings;
- Assess the appropriateness of existing disease control strategies;
- Develop new interventions and strategies by working with communities and stakeholders;
- Specify IR questions; and
- Design rigorous research projects. This includes how to identify IR outcomes, evaluate effectiveness, and make plans to scale-up implementation in real-life settings.
Language: English with subtitles in English, French and Spanish.
This course is open to all applicants, on a first come, first served basis. Deadline to register: October 4, 2019.
For more information read here.